- Acquired management rights of agricultural machinery manufacturer Toyosha Co., Ltd. (now Hitachi Construction Machinery Tierra Co., Ltd.).
- Started sales of road construction machinery.
- Established Siam-Hitachi Construction Machinery Co., Ltd. in Thailand.
- Launched Super Landy EX-2 series of hydraulic excavators employing electronic control.
- Launched Landy KID EX series of mini excavators jointly developed with HOKUETSU INDUSTRIES CO., LTD., marking the full-scale entry into the mini excavator business.
- Established P.T. Hitachi Construction Machinery Indonesia in Indonesia.
- Launched HR420 Mobile Crusher, marking the entry into the environmental product market.
- Launched LX-2 series of wheel loaders.
- Launched New Super Landy EX-3 series of hydraulic excavators.
- Launched CX500 Crawler Crane.
- Developed a hydraulic excavator employing a wired remote control method and operated it during unmanned rock removal work along Mizunashi River of Mount Unzen (received the 1995 Chairman’s Award from the Japan Construction Machinery and Construction Association).
- Launched EX-2 series of mini excavators.
- Established Hitachi Construction Machinery Operators Training Center Co., Ltd. (now PEO Construction Machinery Operators Training Center Co., Ltd., an equity method affiliate) in Saitama Prefecture.
- Established Hefei Hitachi Excavators Co., Ltd. (now Hitachi Construction Machinery (China) Co., Ltd.) in Anhui Province, China.
- Launched Landy V EX-5 series of hydraulic excavators.
- Made CablePrice Limited in New Zealand a wholly owned subsidiary.
- Launched EX3500-3 Ultra-large Hydraulic Excavator (won Ichimura Prize and Chairman’s Award from the Japan Construction Machinery and Construction Association).
- Launched EX200-5X EFCT Level Master Hydraulic Excavator, which semi-automates front section operations through a control system.
- Launched EX225USR-5 Hydraulic Excavator with a small backing turning circle.
- Initiated capital participation in P.T. Hexindo Adiperkasa Tbk in Indonesia.
- Launched LX-3 series of wheel loaders.
- President Ryuichi Seguchi received the VE Manager Award.
- Developed EX5500 Ultra-large Hydraulic Excavator, the largest in the world (at the time).
- Tsuchiura Works obtained ISO 14001 environmental management system certification.
- Established Hitachi Construction Machinery Southern Africa Co., (Pty) Ltd. in South Africa.
- Established Yungtay-Hitachi Construction Machinery Co., Ltd. (equity method affiliate) through a joint venture with Yungtay Engineering Co., Ltd. in Taiwan.
- Acquired management rights of Canada-based Euclid-Hitachi Heavy Equipment, Inc. (now Hitachi Construction Truck Manufacturing Ltd.).
- Established Hitachi Construction Machinery (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. in Shanghai, China.
- Established Hitachi Kenki Fine Tech Co., Ltd., which engages in the manufacturing and sale of precision instruments, ultrasonic imaging devices and other equipment, in Tokyo.
- Founded Hitachi Construction Machinery Australia Pty., Ltd. in Australia.
- Founded Hitachi Kenki Business Frontier Co., Ltd., which runs information-related businesses, in Tsuchiura-shi, Ibaraki Prefecture.
- Initiated capital participation in India-based Telco Construction Equipment Co., Ltd.
- Established Hitachi Furukawa Construction Machinery Co., Ltd., which is engaged in the manufacturing of wheel loaders, in Tochigi Prefecture.
- Established Elsys Co., Ltd. (now Hitachi Construction Machinery Leasing Co., Ltd.), which is responsible for financial services, in Tokyo.
- Launched ZAXIS series of hydraulic excavators, the first in the world to be equipped with a satellite communications function (e-Service, now known as Global e-Service) (received Grand Prize in 2000 Nikkei Superior Products and Services Awards and Chairman’s Award from the Japan Construction Machinery and Construction Association).
- Launched EX2500-5 and EX3600-5 Ultra-large Hydraulic Excavators.
- Launched EX1200-5 Large Hydraulic Excavator.
- Collaborated with TCM Corporation and Furukawa Co., Ltd. on wheel loader development and production. Launched seven wheel loader models under a unified concept.
- Reached an agreement with Deere & Company to integrate operations of North, Central and South American sales businesses.
- Launched ZAXIS U series of mini excavators with a small backing turning circle.
- Launched EX5500-5 Ultra-large Hydraulic Excavator.
- Hitachi Construction Machinery (Europe) N.V. established Amsterdam Works in the Netherlands and commenced production.
- Added hydraulic excavators with ultra-tight turning circle and small backing turning circle to ZAXIS series lineup.
- Launched ZAXIS UR series of mini excavators with ultra-tight turning circles.
- Launched EX1900-5 Ultra-large Hydraulic Excavator.
- Established Hitachi Sumitomo Heavy Industries Construction Crane Co., Ltd. (now Sumitomo Heavy Industries Construction Cranes Co., Ltd., an equity method affiliate) in Tokyo.
- Established Hitachi-Furukawa Loaders Europe S.A.S. in France.
- Launched LX-7 series of mid and large-class wheel loaders.
- Established Hitachi Construction Machinery Thailand Co., Ltd. in Thailand.
- Received Miles Award in corporate category from the Society of Japanese Value Engineering.
- Added wheeled hydraulic excavators to ZAXIS series and launched.
- Developed EX8000 Ultra-large Hydraulic Excavator, the largest made in Japan and one of the largest in the world.
- Made Tadakiko Co., Ltd., which manufactures and sells hydraulic equipment and parts for construction machinery in Chiba Prefecture, a wholly owned subsidiary.
- Made Hitachi Construction Machinery (Malaysia) Sdn.Bhd. a wholly owned subsidiary.
- Launched ZAXIS-3 series of large hydraulic excavators.
- Launched ZW-3 series of wheel loaders (received 2006 Good Design Award).
- Established Hefei Rijian Shearing Co., Ltd. in Anhui Province, China as a parts supply company.
- Launched hydraulic excavators of ZAXIS-3 series (received 2006 Good Design Award and 2007 iF Design Award).
- Established Hitachi Construction Machinery Sales and Service France S.A.S. in France.
- Established Qingdao Chengri Construction Machinery Co., Ltd. in China.
- Made UK-based Heavy Construction Machinery LTD (now Hitachi Construction Machinery (UK) Ltd.) a wholly owned subsidiary.
- Established Hitachi Construction Machinery Leasing (China) Co., Ltd. in China.
- Launched EX-6 series of Ultra-large hydraulic excavators.
- Consolidated the rental business in Japan and founded Hitachi Construction Machinery REC Co., Ltd.
- In Hitachinaka-shi, Ibaraki Prefecture, established Hitachinaka-rinko Works as a production site for mining machinery, and established Hitachinaka Works as an equipment and component production site. Both sites commenced operations.
- Launched EH3500AC-II, one of the largest Japanese-made rigid dump trucks. EH3500AC-II employed an AC drive system driven by a wheel motor with electric power obtained by operating a generator through the engine.
- Consolidated sales operations in Japan and reorganized into Japan Division.
- Made Canada-based Wenco International Mining Systems Ltd., which is involved with fleet management systems, a consolidated subsidiary.
- Made Shin Tohoku Metal Co., Ltd. in Akita Prefecture, which manufactures and sells cast products for construction machinery and other items, a consolidated subsidiary.