Miyasaka Construction Corporation Co., Ltd., based in Obihiro city, Hokkaido, runs a comprehensive construction business in Hokkaido. We have been implementing ICT construction for more than five years now, but this fiscal year is declared the “First year of i-Construction” and we are actively promoting it. There is approx. 70% work for the sold-to party under the direct control of the state, with the other 30% under the control of the municipalities and the private sector. However as 100% of the ICT construction take-up is at the request of the instruction from the sold-to party, there is no stipulation for i-Construction designation from operations under direct control of the state.
Representative Director and President Mr. Toshifumi Miyasaka “I-Construction will help secure safety, quality, and productivity by supplementing inexperienced operators in place of aging skilled ones, however in the future I expect this will be fully automated, with robots and unmanned options. It could even be said now that ‘on-site automation’ is now possible – which is something that could not be realized in the civil engineering to date.” In amongst this, the first priority has to be safety improvements using atomization. “My first experience where I realized the need for automation in the construction field was at a site under the control of the former Highway Public Corporation during the eruption of Mt. Usu. Since then, in coordination with the Self Defense Force and the administration, we have a 24-hour disaster prevention system to prepare for disasters in surrounding areas, and automation of construction machinery is necessary from the perspective of disaster prevention and disaster restoration.” The company is the first to register as a ‘Resilience Company’ in Hokkaido. It is also attributable to the company’s management policy to have proactively engaged in disaster prevention work and disaster restoration work.
Due to damage caused by last year’s typhoon, construction work on the embankment for the repairs required on the “disaster restoration project on the Left Bank of the Satsunaikawa River downstream from the Taishou Bridge” are underway. Two ZX200X-5B’s and a compaction management system are in operation on site. At HCM, in addition to creating 3D construction mapping data, the company also transfers data conversion to the ZX200X-5B, and supports slope shaping by machine control functionality. According to the proposal from HCM, the rear visibility support device ‘BLAXTAIR’ was also installed in the owners machine, further improving and strengthening the safety aspect. By utilizing 3D data, the volume of the main embankment, and the amount of soil removed from the temporary dam was able to be calculated precisely.