Hitachi Construction Machinery Co., Ltd. strives constantly for social accountability in all aspects of its business initiatives. This naturally includes ready disclosure of environmental information, as well as vigorous responses to outside questionnaires. During fiscal year 2012, the Company received the following evaluations for such efforts.
- In the Environmental Management Survey conducted by the Nihon Keizai Shimbun newspaper, a 19th ranking was earned in the category of all manufacturing companies, as well as a No. 3 rating among machinery companies. Among all manufacturing companies, this marks an impressive jump from No. 78 the previous year. In an article appearing in the February 13, 2013 issue of the Nihon Keizai Shimbun, Hitachi Construction Machinery was discussed in upbeat terms as a “company taking the offensive.”
- In the “Beech Forest Environmental Survey” conducted by Sompo Japan Insurance Inc. Green Open Fund, the top ranking of “A” (also attained the previous year).
- The Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) investigation on measures and strategy against climate change, and greenhouse gas discharge Itemized list (2nd level)
- Itemized list (2nd level)
Disclosure score of 80 points, performance evaluation of “C”
The Company was rated above the global average for its risk, opportunity and emissions management, receiving excellent marks for its information disclosure stance.
Other Questionnaires Responded to
- Japanese Enterprise Survey from ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) Viewpoint (conducted by Japan Research Institute, Limited)
- 12th IntergreX Survey (Fusion with Society), etc.
Hitachi Construction Machinery continues to advance enlightened environmental measures keenly attuned to the dynamic changes taking place in today’s world, sparing no efforts in maintaining optimum information disclosure in this critical area.