Guidelines for Procurement Activities
These guidelines define business transaction standards which shall be applied to all HITACHI executives and employees in connection with their activities purchasing necessary materials, products, services, and information from outside sources.
- Overall procurement activities of Hitachi shall adhere to the「HITACHI Company Conduct Standards」.
- HITACHI shall maintain proper partnerships, mutual understanding, and reliable relationships with suppliers with a view to the long term results.
(1) HITACHI shall treat all suppliers impartially and be prohibited from favoritism such as giving unfair priority to any specific suppliers.
(2) HITACHI respects fair business dealings with suppliers and will avoid any improper act which might cause a loss to a supplier apart from normal and customary business transactions
(3) HITACHI shall keep suppliers’trade secrets strictly confidential and prevent them from being revealed or improperly used.
- HITACHI develops suppliers to maintain competitiveness from a worldwide point of view.
(1) HITACHI responds to all suppliers’ offers sincerely, and is always willing to offer the information necessary for suppliers to complete on an even playing field.
(2) HITACHI shall periodically check and review suppliers’ performance and will consider offering more advantageous business opportunities when comparison with other resources allows.
- Through a designated selection process, suppliers shall be evaluated by product quality, reliability, delivery, price, suppliers’ business stability, technical development ability, fair and transparent information release, compliance with societies’ rules, regulation compliance, respect for human rights, elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation, elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labor, environmental preservation activities, social contributions, good working environment, and recognition of social responsibilities with business partners.
(1) HITACHI shall not request quotations from suppliers with whom there is no intention to enter into a future business relationship.
(2) In accordance with specified internal procedures, the role and responsibility for specifications, terms and conditions, product acceptance and inspection belongs to each Requester, Procurement Department and Inspection Department.
(3) Procurement Departments shall be a representative of HITACHI when contracting with suppliers.
- HITACHI members are prohibited from receiving any personal gifts or offers from suppliers.