- Our Businesses
- Solution Linkage
- Used Equipment
- Job Reports
- About us
- Investor Relations
- Environment / CSR
- Global Network
Hitachi Construction Machinery Group places an emphasis on reducing paper usage in the context of green procurement and is striving to promote going paperless, promote double-sided printing and aggregated printing * 1, and introduce deferred printing * 2. For paper that could not be reduced even by efforts, we are actively introducing recycled paper.
In FY2018, approximately 77% of the OA paper used at Hitachi Construction Machinery offices was green purchased recycled paper.
* 1 Printing multiple pages together on a single sheet of paper
* 2 A method in which data is stored in the printer once instead of being output immediately on paper, and the user’s finger authentication is required on the printer side when printing on paper.
Misprinting can be canceled at the timing of finger authentication, preventing unnecessary paper output.
HCM Group requests the support and endorsement of all suppliers for HCM’s environmental vision, and your cooperation in the following items in accordance with the “Hitachi Group Green Procurement Guidelines ” and “Hitachi Group CSR Procurement Guideline”.
(1) Items concerning the environmental conservation initiatives of suppliers
(2) Items concerning the reduction of the environmental footprint of goods for supply
(3) Items concerning management of information regarding chemical substances contained in goods for supply
Hitachi Construction Machinery Tierra, agrees with the general purport of the Shiga Green Purchasing Network (Shiga GPN*) and actively promote green purchasing as a member.
* Shiga GPN was established as a voluntary association in 1999 by 242 organizations such as companies, administrative agencies, and various organizations that agree to promote green purchasing within Shiga prefecture. After incorporation as a general incorporated foundation in 2013, we have promoted a wide range of environmental load reduction activities that go beyond the green purchasing activities with the ‘Activities to create “Green Economy” from Shiga’ as the activity vision.
HCM confirms ISO 14001 acquisition status when forming new contracts with business partners, and new suppliers are selected according to 100% environmental standards.
Contracts will be canceled for suppliers identified as having a significant negative environmental impact (explicit, potential), however no contracts were canceled in FY2018.