Advanced 65 Tonne Class Rigid Truck from Hitachi
Hitachi Construction Machinery will introduce the latest version of the EH1100 rigid dump truck, the EH1100-5, at the CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2014 show to be held in Las Vegas from March 4 to 8, 2014. Sales of this latest version of the EH1100 will commence globally as of April 1, 2014.
Many successful legacy features are continued on the EH1100-5, such as the long-life and highly compressible NeoconE/Helium suspension strut fluid, the robotically welded fully fabricated box section frame, the highly stable trailing arm front suspension and the reliable body floating hinge pin design; all features included on Hitachi rigid frame trucks regardless of size.
This latest version of the EH1100 includes improvements to the operator environment, increased machine serviceability, increased payload, more remote monitoring capability, to name a few, plus many additional features to satisfy our range of customer requirements globally.
1. Operator Environment
- Similar to the large Hitachi mining trucks and shovels, the EH1100-5 is equipped with a 25cm (10 inch) LCD display to provide the operator with information regarding hauling performance and systems condition.
- Offsetting the LCD display to slightly right of the steering column allows the lowering of the dashboard in front of the operator for better visibility to the front of the truck.
- Truck systems communication via CAN bus allows rear view camera monitoring through the LCD display and reduces the amount of wiring required throughout the truck.
- The cab ROPS structure has been redesigned to meet the requirements of using the EH1100-5 as a water truck.
- Three point seat belts are built into each type of seat Hitachi offers on the EH1100-5.
- A mechanically hinged hand rail at the front of the cab can be positioned to provide the operator with optimum haul road visibility while the truck is in operation, or positioned to provide fall protection during cab area service.
- Operator noise exposure has been significantly reduced through the use of cab sound material and exhaust system modifications.
2. Machine Access and Serviceability
- Many steering and brake system valves and test ports have been relocated from the mid-frame of the truck to the service deck of the truck for easier service and troubleshooting access.
- The steering filter is now located outside of the frame allowing service personnel the same ground level service access as is offered with the hoist filter.
- The two high capacity 12Volt batteries have been moved to the front bumper for ground level access.
- Electronic maintenance and troubleshooting is available in various languages using the operators LCD in the cab.
- Two body prop pins replace the single prop cable that has been the only means of propping the body up in the past.
- The 24 volt relay box and circuit disconnect are located at ground level for easy service access.
- Two diagonal stairways now offer easier access to the operators cab and to the service deck.
- A selection of two high performance EPA Tier 2/E.U. Stage II engines is offered to the global market. For the market outside of North America, customers can choose between an MTU Series 2000 engine and a Cummins QSK23 engine. Within North America, choice is limited to the Cummins QSK23 engine.
- The H6620A model automatic transmission offered by Allison offers improved shift quality, less shifting when empty, and upgraded components all resulting in longer life before rebuild.
4. Body and Payload
- The EH1100-5 body is now designed to a volume of 41.5 cu/m (SAE Heap 2:1) and has a flat floor-plate for more control of material shed while dumping.
- The nominal payload recommendation for a standard equipped EH1100-5 is 63.5 tonnes.
5. Brakes and Retarding
- The EH1100-5 rear wet disc brake assemblies now include an integral Wet Disc parking brake.
- While redesigning the rear wet brakes, Hitachi added brake surface area to increase service braking and retarder horsepower.
6. Technology and Software
- The EH1100-5 active traction control system has been refined to better control wheel spin in wet and muddy conditions resulting in improved haul cycle times and increased production.
- A transmission Optimum Shift Range has been developed to automatically alter the transmission range according to payload results provided by on board payload weighing system.
- All EH1100-5 trucks are equipped with a DLU (data logging unit). This allows remote monitoring of the truck via satellite, Wi-Fi and Wenco.
- Hitachi now offers a speed limit feature that automatically restricts the truck top speed to a customer determined limit. This feature will automatically apply the retarder to control the set speed limit if the limit is exceeded while travelling downhill.
|Nominal Payload with standard equipment
|Body Capacity (SAE Heaped 2:1)
|Net Machine Weight
|Target Gross Machine Operating Weight
||MTU 12V Series 2000
|Gross engine power, kW/min-1 (HP/rpm)
*All units are SI international standard; those in parenthesis are former standard units.
*Information presented in this press release is valid as of the date of release; please note that information is subject to change without notice at a later date.